Individuals and families who experience blindness or loss of vision often experience a loss of hope and self-confidence. Through individual adjustment to blindness counseling, participation in support groups, independent living classes, orientation and mobility training, job readiness training, Braille, computer-related assistive technology, and recreation activities, persons who are visually impaired are able to find possibilities in what seemed an impossible situation.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Referral Form
- Rights Provided Under the Independent Living IL Program / Client Assistance Program
Please visit the following links to learn about our programs.
Adults & Seniors Programs
- Independent Living Skills
- Orientation and Mobility Training
- Braille Literacy
- Assistive Technology
- Vocational Rehabilitation/Job Readiness
- Social Work Services
- Support Groups
Babies, Children & Teen Programs
- Little Lighthouse for Babies – Early Intervention (Ages: 0-5)
- Children’s Activities (Ages: 5-13)
- School to Work Transition (Ages: 14-21)
Please contact us to learn more about our programs, to determine if Lighthouse services are right for you or to refer someone that needs our help.