Volunteering at the Lighthouse
In the fiscal year ending June 30 2013, over 60 volunteers provided almost 2,000 hours to the Lighthouse to help us carry out our mission. We are always looking for volunteers to fill the positions that include:
- Cleaners – Hernando Office
- Clerks/Admin – Pasco & Hernando Offices
- Committee Members
- Drivers Needed – Pasco, Hernando & Citrus
- Event Helpers – Pasco, Hernando & Citrus
- Gardeners – Hernando Office
- Manufacturing Project Manager Assistant
- Phone Fundraisers/Database Developers
- Public Awareness Assistant – Pasco, Hernando & Citrus
Virtual Opportunities (using your own computer in the comfort of your home):
- Graphic Designer
- Google AdWords
For more information:
Please see Volunteer Descriptions & Requirements.
Notes about volunteering:
- Lighthouse assigns responsibilities based on volunteer interests, capabilities, and availability.
- Our volunteer opportunities are ongoing and sometimes on-call.
- We have a quarterly newsletter as well as other mailers to send, and we have various events throughout the year. We need people to help with mailings and help with events on a regular basis.
- We need drivers, cleaners and gardeners on a weekly basis.
- We need writers on a regular basis to help word smith and/or write newsletters, proposals and other written media.
- If there is something you’d like to volunteer for that’s not on our list, please let us know.
- Before signing up a volunteer, we check references and run criminal background checks as required.
- To see a list of recent volunteers, visit Our Supporters.
For more formation about volunteering, please contact the Lighthouse.