The Lighthouse Legacy Society
Please consider leaving a planned gift and a legacy that will make a difference for years to come in the lives of people who are visually impaired and blind. Planned gifts ensure that the Lighthouse can continue to provide programs that inspire hope, confidence and independence in people who have experienced vision loss.
From the moment you designate this extraordinary gift, you become an esteemed member of The Lighthouse Legacy Society.
There are several ways you can leave a lasting legacy and join The Lighthouse Legacy Society:
- Leave a gift in your will to the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, Inc. (Pasco, Hernando, Citrus).
- Leave a percentage of your assets or a specific dollar amount to the Lighthouse.
- Consider using assets for your charitable gift such as stocks, bonds, cash deposits, real estate, jewelry, or art. These gifts may even provide tax savings!
- Name the Lighthouse as the beneficiary of your pension plan, IRA, or retirement plan. By doing so, you can avoid estate and income taxes otherwise due on your plan.
- Name the Lighthouse as the beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
- Remember your loved ones with a named endowment fund or memorial gift.
- If you are interested in joining The Lighthouse Legacy Program, please call, email or drop by one of our offices.
- The only requirement for membership in The Lighthouse Legacy Society is written notification of your gift, sent or emailed to our office. The Lighthouse would be honored to carry out your final wishes.
- Learn about the benefits of being a Legacy donor.
Codicil to Your Will
Following is a generalized codicil for your use. To join the club, please provide the Lighthouse with a copy of your signed codicil or your last will and testament, in order to assist with the execution of your final wishes. Your information will be kept confidential and secure. Please note, in order to create a valid last will and testament, a donor should always obtain the assistance of an attorney.
“I devise and bequeath to Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, Inc. (Federal Identification/EIN 59-2311666), a nonprofit agency registered in the State of Florida, the sum of $ ______ (or otherwise describe the gift; often a percentage of the estate is designated) to be used in the furtherance of its mission and general purposes.”
Thank you for helping Lighthouse provide services that give hope, confidence, and independence, while changing lives every day.