Donate or Volunteer
The Lighthouse is grateful for donations and gifts-in-kind. These gifts help pay for training and services needed by people who are visually impaired and blind to develop independent living skills.
You can donate in several ways:
- Make a safe and secure online donation.
- To setup safe and secure automatic donations.
- Make a donation by mail or by fax using our Donation Form.
- Make a donation that gives twice—donate $25 or more in honor of a special person on their special day, and we’ll send an acknowledgment of your gift along with our best wishes.
- We also accept and appreciate memorials donations.
- Join The Friends of the Lighthouse Annual Giving Program to make regular donations.
- Join The Lighthouse Legacy Society by leaving a gift in your will to ‘Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, Inc.’ or by making another type of planned gift.
- Provide sponsorship for a Lighthouse activity or event. Please email email@example.com for details.
- Gifts-in-kind are also appreciated. Please see our Wish List for details.
- Donate much needed funds and items in support of persons who are visually impaired and our employment initiatives. Please visit our Employment page for details.
- Cool News – Beginning August 2012, Progressive Air is offering 5% up to the 1st $2,000 of all service calls, tune ups & new installs to be donated to the Lighthouse in your name! Just mention this promotion when calling Progressive Air at (727) 847-3898.
Other ways you can help:
- Volunteer – on our premises or from the comfort of your home!
- Buy “A State of Vision” specialty Florida license plate for your car or give a license plate as a gift.
- Sponsor and Advertise in LVIB IN TOUCH, our quarterly newsletter.
- Need a speaker or want us to have an information table at your event? Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your kindness and consideration!
- Tax receipts are available in the allowable amount.
- Does your employer have a matching gift program? Many employers offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift! To find out if your employer offers matching donations, check with the human resources or corporate giving personnel at your office.
- Make checks payable to ‘Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, Inc.’
- Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind respects your privacy and will not share any identifying information with any other agency.
A COPY OF THE LIGHTHOUSE’S OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE FLORIDA DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352. Official registration can also be viewed online. LIGHTHOUSE FOR THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED AND BLIND, INC. IS REGISTERED UNDER CH662. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.