How You Can Help
The Lighthouse needs donations, gifts-in-kind and volunteers in order to provide the training and services needed by people who are visually impaired and blind.
You can donate in several ways:
- Make a safe and secure one-time online donation.
- Set up safe and secure automatic donations.
- Join The Friends of the Lighthouse Annual Giving Program.
- Make a donation by mail or by fax using our Donation Form.
- Honor a special person on their special day, and we’ll send an acknowledgment of your gift along with our best wishes.
- We also accept and appreciate memorials donations.
- Join The Lighthouse Legacy Society by leaving a gift in your will to ‘Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, Inc.’ or by making another type of planned gift.
- Provide sponsorship for a Lighthouse activity or event. Please email email@example.com for details.
- Gifts-in-kind are also appreciated. Please see our Wish List for details.
- Cool News – Beginning August 2012, Progressive Air is offering 5% up to the 1st $2,000 of all service calls, tune ups & new installs to be donated to the Lighthouse in your name! Just mention this promotion when calling Progressive Air at (727) 847-3898.
- Support our employment programs for persons who are visually impaired and blind.
Other ways you can help:
- Volunteer on our premises or in the comfort of your home.
- Buy “A State of Vision” specialty Florida license plate for your car or give a license plate as a gift.
- Sponsor and advertise in LVIB IN TOUCH, our quarterly newsletter.
- Invite Lighthouse to man a table at your next event or invite a Lighthouse representative to speak to your employees or club.
Thank you for your kindness and consideration!
- Make checks payable to ‘Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, Inc.’
- Tax receipts are available in the allowable amount.
- Many employers offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift! To find out if your employer offers matching donations, check with the human resources or corporate giving personnel at your office.
- Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind respects your privacy and will not share any identifying information with any other agency.
A COPY OF THE LIGHTHOUSE’S OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE FLORIDA DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352. Official registration can also be viewed online. LIGHTHOUSE FOR THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED AND BLIND, INC. IS REGISTERED UNDER CH662. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.