Welcome to Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, Inc.
The Lighthouse Mission
The mission of the Lighthouse is to provide persons who are visually impaired and blind with the skills needed to achieve their maximum independence. Lighthouse works with people of all ages, from babies to seniors, who experience vision impairment and blindness. We have served persons who are visually impaired and blind since 1983.
Our free programs and services include:
- Independent Living Skills Classes—Adaptive daily living skills to maximize home and personal management
- Orientation and Mobility—Fall prevention, sighted guide technique, use of the white cane, use of public transportation
- Assistive Technology/Computer Training—Using screen magnification or screen reader software
- Counseling and Referral
- Job Readiness, training and job placement
To provide these services and fulfill our mission, we need your help.
- Please develop an understanding about vision impairment.
- Donate to the Lighthouse to ensure we are able to continue providing free vision rehabilitation services.
- Volunteer your time and expertise to assist us with helping persons who are visually impaired and blind live more independently.
- Share our vision of employment for persons who are visually impaired and blind by supporting the Lighthouse Opportunity Center.
Thank you for helping persons who are visually impaired and blind to become more independent and to achieve a higher quality of life.